Mt St Theresa Chapel.JPG
Padre Pio Nursery School Kanywa.JPG
Portrait of Bro Charles Jules Potrais.JPG
Prosession at the beginning of the Year.JPG
Savio Pupils at leisure.JPG
SMACK students practical.JPG
Students St Charles Lwanga Kasasa, Performing a Dance.JPG
The word of God.JPG
Uganda Martrys Primary Pupils Rubaga.JPG
Uganda Private and Integrated Schools Association (UPISA) is a private Association that was founded in 1994 through the initiative of two religious congregations, the Brothers of Christian Instruction of Kisubi and the Daughters of Mary (the Bannabikira Sisters) of Bwanda together with Terre Seres Frontiers (TSF) their Canadian NGO partners based in Canada.
The Brothers of Christian Instruction were founded in France in the region of Brittany, by a zealous priest, Fr. John Mary Robert de la Mennais, in 1819. He founded the Congregation of Brothers, teachers of solid piety, who would teach in catholic schools to make Our Lord Jesus Christ known and loved by the children of the working classes, who, at that time, had no good schools to go to.
The Brothers of Christian Instruction came to Uganda at the invitation of the White fathers, who were responsible for the Uganda Vicariate, in 1926. They settled at Kisubi near Entebbe, where they have their provincial Headquarters – hence the popular name in Uganda of “the Kisubi Brothers”