The well known St. Savio School at the foot of Mount St. Teresa was founded as a demonstration Junior Secondary School at the time when Mount St. Teresa possessed a Training Teachers’ College for the African Brothers and a few chosen class-four leavers. But with the change of times and the Uganda’s progress of the system of Education, the school founded in 1954 changed into an upper primary catering for classes six and seven. Brothers Aderit, Majjella Nsubuga, Marius Ntwatwa, Marsiale Mbagozeki, Barnabas Mugenyi, Bosco Bajuga, Vincent Ssenkandwa and Gilbert Ssekiwobe have been the successive runners of Savio School, helped by a number of other teachers not mentioned.
All these Headmasters and teachers have given Savio School a standard which has drawn to its attention of the education authorities and the parents in the country. The result was that what originally was solely financed by the Brothers for its development, was soon aided both by the Government and the parents so as to help to answer, as much as was in their power, the demand of the parents for an increase in the number of admission to the school. Many Old Boys who have appreciated the education given to them by the Brothers now send their children to this school, and it is a pleasure for the Brothers to welcome this confidence manifested to them by their former pupils.
Currently the Head teacher is Brother Casio.
St. Donozio Ssebuggwawo Primary School formally called Kisubi Boys (formally a boy’s school only) started in 1909 by the White Fathers in 2009 this school made a century (100 years) in existence.
At the start it was a catechism school by then and later it started to instruct children to read, write and doing simple counting.
Eventually, it was transformed into a formal primary. Since its beginning this school has been lead by different head teachers. In 1982, this school was taken over by the Brothers of Christian Instruction and it was administered by Bro. John Baptist Kalaama as its first head teacher.
In 1994, it became a mixed school for both girls and boys, within this time the school became a day and boarding school.
Currently the school has a total enrolment of 750 pupils coming from different countries in East Africa and of course southern Sudan. It has become a powerful school not in age but in academics and sports. In last year’s national examinations it was ranked the 20th in the country. Currently the school is headed by Brother Bernard Mwebaze. And currently there is a new construction of a new girl’s dormitory.
When you visit this school, you are welcomed by words like “Let the little children come to me” in Latin
St. Jude Primary School Kakooge is a primary school which is Government aided started in the late 1990s, it is located in Nakasongola district, Nakasongola county, located in Kakooge, Kakooge Parish, which is situated in a rural location. The diocese of Luweero under the leadership of Doctor Bishop Cyprian Lwanga Kizito at that time invited the Brothers of Christian Instruction to head the school, presently it is under the leadership of Bro. John Mary Vianney.
Now Kabojja Primary School takes in children for Classes one to seven. But in around 1976 it used to take children up to class four and from class four they proceeded to Savio School to continue their primary studies in Classes Five, Six and Seven. That was the reason why previously called Kabojja and Savio a Joint Primary School. And at that time the Government and Parents financial Aid greatly helped the maintenance of these two schools and their future as well.
At present the Head teacher is Bro. Godfrey.
The Head teacher is Brother Charles.